Roblox is a gaming platform that allows its users to play and develop online games. Reportedly, about 200 million players created an account since 2007 launch year. It is rated 12+ with Parental Guidance recommended and is available on the App Store for such iOS devices as iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Design and Usability 4/5
The app has a fun design and looks very professionally made. The platform slightly reminds of Minecraft and the style of graphics is similar to Lego. The cartoon-like appearance of the app can make one think that the games were aimed at children but in fact, the platform was not specifically designed for children.
The platform is easy to navigate although unlike typical apps, the additional step of creating an account is needed. Signing up is easy and requires a user to indicate gender and provide the date of birth for security reasons. The player must create a unique username, which shouldn’t directly or indirectly include any personal details.
When you logged in, you can post a feed, check your followers, and see the history of played games. There is an option of starting a chat and play games with anonymous friends. Customizing an avatar is also easy and fun because players are encouraged to use their imagination to the maximum. When the game is selected, a user can see a list of players who also play the same game.
Key Functions 4/5
First of all, it’s a gaming app so when visiting Roblox platform users take advantage of the opportunity to play millions of games solo or with other players. The selection of games is absolutely astonishing and depending on your mood you can choose to role-play, compete, or simply enjoy mindless and relaxing time-wasting.
Second, the platform has features of a social network. Users can communicate with other players from around the world by means of in-game chats, private or group messaging. Players are encouraged to connect with other users and those gamers who are active in the community and make more than 20 friends are given a Friendship Badge.
Third, besides being entertaining, the Roblox app is useful for brain training. While playing games on the platform, the user has many chances to test his cognitive abilities, develop, and even improve them. The app allows players to build their own game and explore virtual worlds authored by other users.
1. Players are requested to avoid using their real name when creating a username.
2. The platform developers advise making anonymous friends.
3. Parents are strongly recommended to make the child be fully aware of the risks involved in using the platform. Children should never share any personal information and it is strongly advised to disable such feature as socializing if the platform is used by a child.
4. If a user sees inappropriate content, there is an option of reporting it to the developers. A particular player can be blocked in case of offensive behavior.
The Bottom Line
Roblox is an amazing platform, which unites millions of gamers from around the world to play, socialize, and have a good time. The app allows its users to be creative, imaginative, and collaborative. Provided all security measures are followed, the platform can be a truly cool place to hang out and simply have fun.
- An absolutely astounding selection of games
- Finding friends and chatting with them is easy
- Users can create their own games
- The need to take extra care about personal security